Sunday 17 June 2012

June 17th, 2012

Played a couple of tunes at the Main Street car free festival today, very fun indeed, decent weather and very good people watching. One woman, who had clearly sampled the wares of the ample beer gardens  lining the streets, stopped by for a few minutes to back me up with some absolutely wild dancing and sporadic snapping and hollering. She was soon joined by the world's best breakdancer under five, who had yet to gain the spatial awareness that eventually rids children of their ability to fling their bodies around in a beautifully careless way. He was hardly phased when the woman enthusiastically proclaimed him "the coolest kid EVER!" He either knew already, or was simply too cool to care. The woman danced her way back into the crowd, and the little boy showed off another move or two before joining his parents at the neighbouring gelato tent. I finished the song I was playing, Jolene, if I remember correctly, then took a moment, before beginning the next one, to think about how much I love what I do.

1 comment:

  1. Forgotten that I'd tagged Bring A Nickel some time ago to my favourites bar until just now. An observant eye, so much talent and so much time. Call me a fan.

    ReplyDelete